Mountain Valley Child and Family Services (MVCFS) provides individualized treatment for youth and teens, ages 10-21 in residential treatment in Nevada City and Sacramento, and TBS services throughout the Bay area.
MVCFS is currently seeking a Mental Health Clinician / Therapist at our Nevada City, CA location. The Therapist is responsible for providing direct mental health services and documentation to an assigned caseload, in accordance with MVCFS program statement and CCL regulations. The Therapist provides assessment, treatment planning, and evaluation of care.
Mental Health Clinician / Therapist Responsibilities:
- Provide individual therapy according to authorization for each assigned client and family therapy according to contract
- Complete client assessment, client treatment plan, quarterly updates, discharge report; prepare and submit all documentation within required timeframes established by agency and licensing
- Develop effective discharge plan for clients and coordinate plan with placement agency and team
- Participate in Child and Family team meetings, treatment planning meetings, treatment reviews and all other meetings and trainings as required
- Provide client crisis response and intervention as necessary
- Work effectively and cooperatively with assigned psychiatrist and nurse for client medication reviews
- Provide case presentations to Mental Health Workers to increase effectiveness with client care
- Other duties assigned by Clinical supervisor and/or Clinical Head of Service
Mental Health Clinician / Therapist Minimum Qualifications:
- MA/MS in Social Work, Counseling Psychology, or related field.
- Registered with the CA Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) as an AMFT or ASW; recent MA/MS graduate pending BBS registration (application must have already been submitted).
- Weekly group and individual clinical supervision are provided to individuals seeking hours toward licensure.
- 1 year of experience as a provider of mental health services is preferred.
- Experience working with severely emotionally disturbed children and adolescents and/ or working in a residential setting is preferred.
- Proficient writing and communication skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office applications, and ability to learn electronic health record systems.
- Meet all standards of employment in child care established by CA Dept. of Social Services, Community Care Licensing
- Will successfully complete a DOJ Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen, and provide DMV record
Mental Health Clinician / Therapist comprehensive employee benefits package:
- Mental Health Clinician / Therapist Compensation: $4505.80-$6300.00 per month DOE & license status
- Affordable Care Act Medical Plans & Flexible Benefits Plan
- Paid holidays
- Sick time, vacation time, personal time
- Profit Sharing/ Retirement plan
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Discount at Brandman University
- Excellent paid training opportunities, ongoing professional development, as well as a collaborative team environment!
Mountain Valley Child and Family Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $4,505.80 to $6,300.00 /month
- counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- human services: 1 year (Preferred)
- ASW (Preferred)
- AMFT (Preferred)
- LMFT (Preferred)
- LCSW (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment