Mountain Valley Child and Family Services (MVCFS) provides individualized treatment for troubled youth and teens, ages 10-21 in residential treatment in Nevada City, Sacramento, and the Bay Area.
MVCFS is currently seeking Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist at our Sacramento location. The MHRS specialist is responsible for providing therapeutic behavioral interventions and replacement skill-building strategies for clients, assisting as a mental health worker, and intensive home based services. MHRS specialists partner with child and therapeutic team to achieve and maintain the goals as defined in the treatment plan, and are responsible for daily progress notes and other required documentation.
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist / Behavior Coach (MHRS) Responsibilities:
Provide therapeutic behavioral interventions and replacement skill-building strategies to clients Work with client and families to achieve and maintain goals as defined in TBS treatment plan
Billable services include Assessment, Collateral, Rehabilitation/Behavior Coaching, Plan Development, and documentation of services
Coordinate schedule with client house team
Meet all confidentiality and mandated reporter guidelines for STRTP and Group Home services
Daily check-in regarding sessions to Clinical Program Supervisor
Attend weekly supervision meeting
Be available to attend case conferences, staff meetings, team meetings, and IEPs as needed
Know and utilize CIMH materials for best practices
Complete all paperwork, Monthly Progress reports, required MVCFS and county trainings
Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist / Behavior Coach (MHRS) comprehensive employee benefits package:
- Compensation: $16.00-23.00/hour; Competitive/DOE; Additional compensation differentials based on education and shift
- Bi-lingual Mental Health Rehabilitation Specialist / Behavior Coach (MHRS)stipend available
- Affordable Care Act Medical Plans & Flexible Benefits Plan
- Paid holidays
- Sick time, vacation time, personal time
- Profit Sharing/ Retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Discount at Brandman University
- Excellent paid training opportunities, ongoing professional development, as well as a collaborative team environment!
MA in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or other related discipline,Plus 2 years’ experience; or
BA in Social Work, Psychology, or other related discipline, Plus 4 years’ experience; or
AA degree plus 6 years’ experience in a group home, SED classroom, day treatment, or equivalent setting
Experience working with children and their families in a variety of mental health settings, preferred.
Experience providing crisis assessment, management, and interventions, preferred.
Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills.
Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with a diverse population of clients.
Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications, Email, electronic health record systems
Will successfully complete a DOJ Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen, and provide DMV record
Mountain Valley Child and Family Services provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $23.00 /hour
- counseling: 1 year (Preferred)
- mental health: 1 year (Preferred)
- community health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
We're Here to Help
For more info about our services and admissions please...Contact Us