Mountain Valley Child & Family Services makes every effort to follow all HIPAA and HiACT rules, guidelines and related laws. Information for children placed in our care is only shared with individuals named in Releases of Liability, or under direct written consent from the student or their legal proxy. Images of clients are only used with expressed written consent of the student and their representative(s).
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which the information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone. We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request.
Unless you ask us not to, we may contact you via email in the future to provide you information about our services and programs.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number provided on the website or social media channel. You may:
- See what personal data we have collected, if any
- Change/correct any personal data we may
- Have us delete any personal data we may have
- Express any concern you may have about our use of your personal data
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website/social media channel, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a highly secured environment.
Context Types of Data, Purpose for Collection, and Use of Data
- Account Registration – We collect your name and contact information when you register for various activities or create an account.
- Demographic Information – We may collect personal information, such as your age or location.
- Editorial Purposes – You may submit information to us for editorial purposes, for example in connection with a story, personal anecdote, quote, quiz or poll. We may use your initials or a portion of your name (i.e., Mary B. or M. Brown) unless permissions are given otherwise for stories you provide to us in articles published online and in our print publications. Editorial content may be attributed to you and we may include a portion of your user name and any personal information that you provide to us in an open forum on websites and social media channels, to facilitate such attribution.
- Email Interconnectivity – If you receive email from us, we may use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, clicked on any links or banners it contains and made donations or purchases.
- Employment – If you apply for a job posting, or become an employee, we collect information necessary to process your application or to retain you as an employee. This may include, among other things, your Social Security Number. Providing this information is required for employment.
- Feedback/Support – If you provide us feedback or contact us for support or questions we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
- Mobile Devices – We may collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device when visiting our website or social media channels. Additionally, you may be able to opt-in to receiving mobile messages from us.
- Open Forums – We may provide forum, chat, bulletin boards, blogs, wikis, or similar services. We may collect information from you necessary for your participation in the open forum. Information you share on an open forum may be visible to the public. Closed forums are not open to the public.
- Transactions – We collect your name, billing address, shipping address, e-mail address, phone number, and credit card number in connection with certain transactions. These types of transactions are usually in conjunction with professional development, conferences, symposiums, etc.
- Partner Promotion – We may collect information that you provide to us as part of a co-branded sponsorship with another organization or company.
- Sharing/Referrals – You may be able to send information about our products and services to others by clicking on an “E-mail to Friend” button, sending an ecard, or using similar functionality on a website or in an e-mail that we have sent you. In some of these cases, you may provide the name and e-mail address of your friend or family member to us.
- Sweepstakes or Contests – When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.
Updated: January 2019, Nevada City, CA
Nefretete Rasheed, Media Manager
We're Here to Help
For more info about our services and admissions please...Contact Us