MVCFS Residential Schools for At-Risk Youth

Our residential schools provide quality, individualized education with a focus on diverse learning styles and the academic and recreational interests of our students.

MVCFS WASC Accredited Schools Serve Special Needs Children in Grades 5 – 12
(Ages 12-18)

The Mountain Valley Academy residential school is a Non-Public Special Education School (NPS). Our school is a California Department of Education (CDE) certified, and Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) accredited school serving special needs children in grades 5–12 (Ages 12-18 or until graduation).

MVCFS is currently contracting with 34 Districts/SELPA’s throughout California.

We offer on-site classes to all of our residential children. All MVCFS residential sites have special education programs managed by Special Education teachers. MVCFS teachers receive the same in-house training as our direct-care staff.  MVCFS programming provides students with access to licensed speech therapists, school psychologists, and other supportive professionals on an as-needed basis.

Our students enjoy small, self-contained classrooms with an average of 9 students per class, and three adult instructors, including a credentialed Special Education teacher. Each student progresses at their own level based on their particular Individualized Educational Plan (IEP). Graduation is based on the completion of individualized criteria and may result in either a Certificate of Completion or a High School Diploma according to the standards of the child’s county of origin. We are a year-round school where students have the opportunity to earn a total of 9 credits over the extended school year and activity days. 

A significant part of our success is related to the integration of each child’s academic and treatment program. Teachers and therapists participate jointly and collaboratively in case conferences and in developing IEPs. The integration of the treatment program and educational program allows for constant and consistent efforts to help our students overcome their most challenging problems.

Download Schoolwide Learner Outcomes (SLOs) flyer.

Education Team Composition

  • Credentialed Special Education Teacher (Mild/Moderate)
  • Residential Administrator or House Supervisor
  • Therapist (LMFT, LCSW, or MFTI)
  • Therapeutic Behavioral Coaches (TBS)
  • Mental Health Coordinators (MHC)

School Accountability Report Cards