Mountain Valley Child and Family Services (MVCFS) provides individualized treatment for troubled youth and teens, ages 10-21 in residential treatment in Nevada City and Sacramento, as well as Therapeutic Behavioral Services throughout the Bay area. Come practice in a location that provides unsurpassed natural beauty, and nearly unlimited four season outdoor recreation!
MVCFS is currently seeking a Child Psychiatrist to serve children in our residential care programs in both Sacramento and Nevada City . The Child Psychiatrist is responsible for providing assessment, treatment planning, delivery and evaluation of care within designated clinical areas. This treatment, where needed, may include therapeutic interventions in psychological, environmental, educational, family, biologic, and psychopharmacological areas. Occasional telepsychiatry option available, hours negotiable.
- Conduct psychiatric evaluations that include a DSM-5 and ICD-10 diagnosis of youth entering residential programs
- Performs psychiatric evaluations and screens for health-related concerns, refers to appropriate agency when necessary
- Performs medical assessment, medication management, consultation and support to clients, caregivers, and staff
- Evaluates and determines child need for medications. Prescribes, dispenses or administers medications as necessary
- Participate in Treatment Planning Reviews and Discharges for assigned cases
- Participates as a team member of a multi-disciplinary team. Provides clinical consultations as requested to professional and paraprofessional staff
- Provide appropriate documentation for all psychiatric appointments
- Provide oversight to medication monitoring, and supervision to nurse and medication technician
- Provide consultation as needed to parents, caregivers, and workers
- Monitor and assess overall client care
- Order and review prescriptions for psychotropic drugs as clinically indicated
- Complete in a timely manner all clinical documentation as required by agency policy and in accordance with regulatory and accreditation standards
- Assist treatment team in obtaining consultation from indicated medical specialists and health professionals
Excellent communication, organization and leadership skills
Compensation: Competitive Contract Rate / DOE
Completion of a residency approved by an American Specialty Board in Child Psychiatry and Board Eligible or Certified in Child/Adolescent Psychiatry.
California State Physician and Surgeon’s Certificate authorized by the Board of Medical Examiners of the State of California -AND- A valid Controlled Substance Registration Certificate authorized by the United States Department of Justice, Drug Enforcement Administration.
Will successfully complete a DOJ Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen, and provide DMV record.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract