(Nevada County STRTP)
Mountain Valley Child and Family Services (MVCFS) provides individualized treatment for troubled youth and teens, ages 10-21 in residential treatment in Nevada City and Sacramento, and TBS services throughout the Bay area.
Our 900-acre ranch outside Grass Valley, CA provides a therapeutic setting where we facilitate individual and group activities to support the goals of our residential program. The ranch is an ideal environment for troubled youth to learn about themselves and deal with their behavioral and emotional challenges by exploring new interests such as tending gardens, and caring for animals.
MVCFS is currently seeking Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program Mental Health Workers at our Nevada City location. The Mental Health Worker is responsible for the safety, supervision, and interaction of severely emotionally at-risk youth.
- Provide a healthy and safe environment – plan / prepare appropriate activities, ensure residents appropriately dressed, received medications, adequate diet, sleep, and exercise.
- Engage in safe practices at all times – adhere to MVCFS safety standards
- Provide constant visual and interactive supervision of all residents
- Function as a mentor, coach, and role model to residents
- Participate in the facilitation of the agency program statement
- Participate in the implementation of each client’s needs and individual treatment plan
- Attend and participate in all required staff training and meetings
- Perform housekeeping, maintenance, and vocational duties
- Know and follow all MVCFS policies and procedures
Bi-lingual stipend available, Full-time, All shifts available
Compensation: Competitive Hourly rate / DOE
Comprehensive employee benefits package, excellent training opportunities, and ongoing professional development, as well as a collaborative team environment!
Minimum Qualifications: Applicant must meet ONE of the following requirements:
Relevant life experience with the child welfare, mental health of juvenile justice system as a consumer, mentor or caregiver. Other relevant life experience will be considered.
1-year prior full time experience working in group home, STRTP, substance abuse treatment program or similar facility. Volunteer experience is considered.
Valid vocational training certificate or journeyman level trade experience along with 100 hours of experience working with youth in some capacity.
A valid certificate as an alcohol and drug counselor and 100 hours of experience working with youth.
Completed 12 semester units in Early Childhood Education (ECE), Adolescent Development or Foster and Kinship care along with 100 hours of experience working with youth.
A valid child development teaching permit.
A Bachelors of Arts or Sciences Degree.
Be at least 21 years of age.
Will successfully complete a DOJ Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen, and provide DMV record with conditional employment offer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.55 to $16.00 /hour
We're Here to Help
For more info about our services and admissions please...Contact Us