We are currently offering an hourly COVID-19 supplement for TBS coaches.
Mountain Valley Child and Family Services (MVCFS) provides individualized treatment for youth and teens, ages 10-21 in residential treatment in Nevada City and Sacramento, and TBS services in Nevada City, Sacramento, and the Bay Area.
MVCFS is currently seeking Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS) specialists at our Concord location. The TBS specialist is responsible for providing therapeutic behavioral interventions and replacement skill-building strategies for clients. TBS specialists partner with child and therapeutic team to achieve and maintain the goals as defined in the treatment plan, and are responsible for daily progress notes and other required documentation.
Therapeutic Behavioral Services Coach (TBS) Responsibilities:
- Provide therapeutic behavioral interventions and replacement skill-building strategies to clients
- Work with client and families to achieve and maintain goals as defined in TBS treatment plan
- Billable services include Assessment, Collateral, Coaching, Plan Development, and documentation of services
- Coordinate work schedule with client schedules
- Meet all confidentiality and mandated reporter guidelines
- Know and utilize CIMH materials for best practices
- Complete all documentation in designated time frame
- Attend all required MVCFS and county trainings and/or meetings
Therapeutic Behavioral Services Coach (TBS) comprehensive employee benefits package:
- Compensation: $20.00-28.00/hour, Competitive/DOE, additional compensation differentials based on education and shift
- Bi-lingual TBS Coach stipend available, Full-time, all shifts available
- Affordable Care Act Medical Plans & Flexible Benefits Plan
- Paid holidays
- Sick time, vacation time, personal time
- Profit Sharing/ Retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Discount at Brandman University
- Excellent paid training opportunities, ongoing professional development, as well as a collaborative team environment!
Therapeutic Behavioral Services Coach (TBS) Minimum Qualifications:
- MA in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling (Behavioral Sciences majors) plus 2 years of relevant experience in a group home, SED classroom, day treatment program, or equivalent setting.
- BA in Social Work, Psychology, or other related discipline (Behavioral Sciences majors) plus 4 years of relevant experience in group home, SED classroom, day treatment program, or equivalent setting.
- AA degree in any Behavioral Science field plus 6 years of relevant experience in a group home, SED classroom, day treatment program, or equivalent setting
- Experience working with children and their families in a variety of mental health settings is preferred
- Experience providing crisis assessment, management, and interventions is preferred.
- Strong written, verbal, and organizational skills
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team with a diverse population of clients
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office applications, email, electronic health record systems
- Will successfully complete a DOJ Criminal Background Check, drug screen, pre-employment physical and provide DMV record
MVCFS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to age, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Employment Opportunities: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $20.00 to $28.00 /hour
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Multiple locations
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Signing bonus
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
Position is ideal for someone who is:
- Dependable – more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented – enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible – enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Achievement-oriented – enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative – prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance – thrives in a high-pressure environment